We were watching Star Trek Discovery, during one scene they fired off some pods to a planet’s surface, and to describe what they were doing they used some words I don’t think make sense but sounded good. Don’t you wish you could make things up and have them solve your problems. And let’s face it, beaming from place to place instead of driving or flying would be pretty cool.
So, what would you “wish” for? Would it be:
- A shield to protect you from your kids’ teenage years.
- As a business owner, something that would get your employees to think about the business almost as much as you do.
- For business buyers, a less inefficient market (this will not happen given business sellers are so worried about a breach of confidentially, and justifiably so).
- An education system benefiting all, including those geared for the trades.
- When selling a business some magic dust that would fix all the blemishes like customer concentration, poor financial systems, owner dependency, erratic growth, etc.
- More customers like your best customers who want value not just the best price (for lower quality).
- Peace throughout the world, opportunity for all, and no more Zoom meetings.
Look, none of the above are going to happen, which is why life is so interesting. But we get up every day to do our best for ourselves and others and that in itself is interesting and worthwhile.
“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” Plato